Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kombucha: Traditional Sparkling Fermented Tea

That's a mouthful of a title.

I have read so many good things about this. And honestly, I was curious what fermented tea would taste like. I like fermented grape juice. I like fermented bread (sourdough). I LOVE beer. What could it hurt to try it?

Well first of all the pocketbook. All I could think was "... damnit this better be good for $2.79"

Well I cracked the top in the car on the way home, and it hissed and smoked at me.

Oh boy..


Truth? It had a weird aftertaste. I now understand why there are so many flavored options! It wasn't bad at all... It actually reminded me of that metallic licoricey taste of the British sherbert candies we used to eat as young girls.

Not terrible, not something I can imagine drinking often enough for it to grow on me at that price..

Also, It sort of gave me the burps... big time... I prefer club soda and lime :(

No comments:

Post a Comment